[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 10.02.08

murmer at talk21.com murmer at talk21.com
Wed Feb 13 06:22:58 EST 2008

framework broadcasts
sundays on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com
from
10-11pm gmt

next edtion: 17.02.08

~ time zone converter: http://thesaturnv.com/converter.html
~

for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest
edition: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework

framework is supported by soundtransit: http://www.soundtransit.nl

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE
HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO
FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP K
EEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR:
HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.
THANK YOU!

framework -
phonography / field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound
activity

presented by patrick mcginley

a long playlist this week, featuring quite a mix of new and old sounds
- we looked back at two past favorites this week, with tracks from coelacanth
(jim haynes' and loren chasse's  collaborative project)
and illusion of safety.  we also heard a few more tracks from michael
prime's latest release, 'borneo', a sampling of a
very new direction for sawako on her recent 'madoromi'
release, a new track by mark schreiber (when will he have a
proper release, we wonder...), a series of field recordings from france
and china by aymeric de tapol, and a recent mp3 release by kim
cascone.

in the midst of all this was an interesting project that came our way
from the royal university college of fine arts in stockholm
sweden - on the initiative of professor carl michael von hausswolff,
six students (amongst which i see the name of one mathias josefson,
aka moljebka pvlse) and their professor each recorded a single
lock groove, which were released as one side of a 7" record.  here we
hear the 2nd side - a mix of all 7 tracks by professor micki himself.
for specific information and ordering info have a look at the website,
listed in the playlist below.

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw
field recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions.  we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated series.  send proposals or material, released or not,
on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please
don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework

bp17

27910 perruel

france

framework at talk21.com

10.02.08

(this edition will be available online until 17.02.08)

(start - finish  /  artist  /  track  /  album  /  label)

00:00 - 04:04  /  sveta bogomolova  /  framework intro

http://art.tartu.ee/~sveeta

02:41 - 05:19  /  aymeric de tapol  /  d'usine en usine, 2006, pekin
/  field recordings  /  -

http://a.detapol.free.fr

03:10 - 11:36  /  michael prime  /  tongkat ali  /  borneo  /  mycophile

[no website into available]

07:07 - 14:44  /  mark schreiber  /  terrain marker  /  -  /  -

[no website into
available]

11:38 - 21:01  /  aymeric de tapol  /  land blaster, 2007, strasbourg
/  field recordings  /  -

http://a.detapol.free.fr

14:40 - 21:18  /  kim cascone  /  grayscape  /  the astrum argentum  /
musica excentrica

http://www.anechoicmedia.com, http://www.netaudio.ru/musica-excentrica

18:58 - 22:45  /  sawako  /  it's not on purpose  /  madoromi  /
anticipate

http://www.troncolon.com, http://anticipaterecordings.com

21:10 - 27:20  /  michael prime  /  montane forest  /  borneo  /
mycophile

[no website into
available]

21:50 - 25:37  /  sawako  /  appled soapbox  /  madoromi  /  anticipate

http://www.troncolon.com,
http://anticipaterecordings.com

25:07 - 32:04  /  kim
cascone  /  brown fox  /  the astrum argentum  /  musica excentrica

http://www.anechoicmedia.com,
http://www.netaudio.ru/musica-excentrica

28:40 - 32:40  /  c.m. von hausswolff  /  mix  /  kkh1 lock grooves  /
royal records

http://www.kkh.se/royalrecords

29:45 - 52:53  /  illusion of safety  /  lilt  /  of & the  /
soleilmoon

http://www.illusionofsafety.com, http://www.soleilmoon.com

33:18 - 51:33  /  coelacanth  /  the hexactinellidae  /  the glass
sponge  /  23five

http://www.helenscarsdale.com/coelacanth, http://www.23five.org

48:16 - 51:38  /
sawako  /  kira kira  /  madoromi  /  anticipate

http://www.troncolon.com,
http://anticipaterecordings.com

50:27 - 53:42  /
sawako  /  passepass  /  madoromi  /  anticipate

http://www.troncolon.com,
http://anticipaterecordings.com

53:13 - 55:32  /
aymeric de tapol  /  cloche depuis la tour zorg, 2006, strasbourg  /
field recordings  /  -

http://a.detapol.free.fr

53:53 - 56:26  /  kim
cascone  /  ocean overhead  /  the astrum argentum  /  musica excentrica

http://www.anechoicmedia.com,
http://www.netaudio.ru/musica-excentrica

54:59 - 56:40  /
aymeric de tapol  /  un college a pekin, 2006, pekin  /  field
recordings  /  -

http://a.detapol.free.fr

56:12 - 58:06  /
aymeric de tapol  /  jardin botanique, 2006, strasbourg  /  field
recordings  /  -

http://a.detapol.free.fr

57:34 - 59:30  /  kim
cascone  /  blue flourescent  /  the astrum argentum  /  musica
excentrica

http://www.anechoicmedia.com,
http://www.netaudio.ru/musica-excentrica

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and a recording device to a location of your choice

2)    record for AT LEAST one minute before you -

3)    read aloud the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and its use in
composition.  field recording, phonography, the art of sound hunting;
open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST two minutes after you have
finished speaking

5)    send the recording on any format to the above address, or as an
mp3 via email

thanks!

drop a
note to framework at talk21.com to be