[microsound] can anyone help me out with envl.net

Paulo Mouat paulo.mouat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 22:46:06 EST 2011

This is what I could figure out, reading the documentation and experimenting
a bit. It looks like the triples work in a slightly different way than what
you said:

1. Take tempo t
2. Multiply t by the first element in the triple
3. Divide the result by the second element in the triple
4. Generate an event at the resulting bpm for as long as the total duration
specified in the output parameters.

Therefore:
(3, 8, mf) at the default 60 bpm generates a pulse at 60 x 3 / 8 = 22.5 bpm,
roughly one beat every 2.66 seconds, or 0.375 Hz.
(9, 2, mf) at 60 bpm generates a pulse at 60 x 9 / 2 = 270 bpm, roughly one
beat every 0.22 seconds, or 4.5 Hz.

Apparently, if you are using orderedCyclic it will grab an event at a time
from each triple. If the rhythm length is 2, it will alternately grab an
event from each of the triples you indicated. So, you will get a #1 event
(lasting 2.66 s), followed by a #2 event (lasting 0.22 s), followed by a #1
(again for 2.66 s), followed by a #2 (0.22 s) and so on.

Hope this helps. The documentation and interface are somewhat misleading.

//p
http://www.interdisciplina.org/00.0

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 8:52 AM, Samuel van ransbeeck <thinksamuel at yahoo.com