[microsound] meta-theory

Adam Davis technohead3d at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 27 12:30:57 EDT 2009

I would say it came from a long time trying to see the beauty, harmony and
symmetry in absolutely everything, thus:

Symmetry and asymmetry, which is itself a symmetry, or metasymmetry. But the
dominance of the symmetry over asymmetry is itself a meta-asymmetry...so on
and so forth, ad infinitum. Those cycles...

Though I remain optimistic that in a very far future, say, in a
postposthuman age, there'll be innovations which shall allow for the
escaping of feedback and cycles which are impossible now and may remain
possible even in a posthuman future (something I like to call
"cyclo-anarchy"...I've written a little bit about it). I also envision a
future where strange loops and feedback will actually be the musical
instruments of the future...the tools of a new rhythmic appreciation. Such
thoughts are inspiration for the more euphoric moments in my music.

Also, I probably wouldn't say it's a dualism, rather, an infinitism maybe?