[microsound] noisy hard drive on mac

steinbrüchel steinbruchel at synchron.ch
Fri Mar 13 04:23:20 EDT 2009

> this will strictly be to ensure i can program sounds and work
> without hearing the actuator arm move across the platter.

exactly the reason why i also work on external drives. just the programms
and system are on the internal harddrive. all the streaming etc. is coming
from the external drive which is stuffed somewhere away from the working
place.

this is probably the best solution for your problem.
good luck, ralph.

http://www.synchron.ch .:.::.:.