[microsound] why i'm not excited about Live

Graham Miller grahammiller at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 19 16:00:53 EST 2009

well then! there's your problem! the session (or loop view) is
ableton's strongest feature and what differentiates it from every
other linear based vertically organized DAW. there's really no point
to using live if you are going to constrain yourself to the arrange
window only. might as well use logic, etc.  the whole (revolutionary)
point of ableton is the session view, imho.

i almost NEVER use the arrangement view. not at least the most
exciting parts of composition are done and it's time for boring ol'
arrangement time...

it's a sequencing instrument, as they call it - not a DAW. as such, i
think it should be 'played.' that's kinda the whole point:)

g.