[microsound] New York in the 80's (was Rhys Chatham)

Dave Seidel dave at mysterybear.net
Fri Feb 6 13:43:39 EST 2009

Exactly.  The only musicians I knew in the downtown scene who were
supporting themselves with music were also doing session/touring work
with mainstream acts (e.g., Lenny Pickett and the other Borneo Horns
guys, which were gigging with Bowie).  Everyone else, myself definitely
included, had day jobs.  It was a great time for creativity, and a few
composers and choreographers did OK on a sporadic basis for a limited
period of time, but it was no cornucopia of pecuniary delights.

- Dave

--
~DaveSeidel = [
   http://mysterybear.net,