[microsound] Zoom H4 tech query -- anybody else?

Michael Palace palace at guero.sr.unh.edu
Mon Apr 6 10:19:23 EDT 2009

I have a zoom h4 and noticed this problem as well.  I noticed it when I
was doing long recordings in the Brazilian Atlantic Forest.  I would set
the recorder down and go do fieldwork and come back a few hours later.
There was absolutely no electrical interference.  I thought it was the
card.  I was recording at 44 kHz and 16 bit.

Here is a view of the wavefile.

http://www.csrc.sr.unh.edu/~palace/10010010/h4_low_sound.jpg

Mike Palace