[microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 17.05.09

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Mon May 18 09:17:24 EDT 2009

/*framework*/ broadcasts:
    - sunday, 10pm, london, uk on *resonance 104.4fm*
(http://www.resonancefm.com)
    - tuesday, 12pm, thessaloniki, gr on *cooradio*
(http://www.cooradio.com)
    - thursdays, 7pm, lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
    - fridays, 1am, brussels, be on *radio campus 92.1fm*
(http://www.radiocampusbruxelles.org)
    - saturday, 5pm, south devon, uk on *soundartradio* *102.5fm*
(http://www.soundartradio.org.uk)

~ time zone converter:  http://thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

*for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net
<http://www.resonancefm.com/framework>*
*framework is supported by /soundtransit/: http://www.soundtransit.nl *

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE
HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND
OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR:
HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

/*framework*/ - phonography / field recording; contextual and
decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

this edition of /*framework:afield*/ has been produced in montreal,
canada by *france jobin*, aka *i8u*.  for more information see her
website at http://www.i8u.com.  france says:

    "these are a few of my favorite things"

    My interpretation of field recording based works is very broad,
    however, i can tell you what influences me with my work and hope
    this gives you a hint as to how i came to choose the pieces you will
    hear.

    The sound of music, my favorite things, John Coltrane, Hendrix, Pink
    Floyd, de Bussy, Satie, Penderezky, the list goes on, but basically,
    all these artists have a sound, it is unmistakable.

    What John Coltrane does with his interpretation of my favorite
    things, is what i try to do with my own work, i try to do with
    textures, what he does with notes. The way he interprets the melody,
    flowing with incredible precision and musicality, i find very
    inspiring.

    When i prepared this program, i tried to take this further, looking
    for different processes of interpretation and looking for artists
    who have mastered  their unique identity through the music of sound.

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw
field recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions.  we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated series.  send proposals or material, released or not,
on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please
don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
354 rue de l'andelle
27910 perruel
france

info at frameworkradio.net <mailto:info at frameworkradio.net>

*17.05.09*

1.10000PeacockFeathersinFoamingAcidPart2
Evelina Domnitch + Dmitry Gelfand, from “Colorfield Variations.” on line

http://portablepalace.com
http://www.12k.com/line

2.áttinar
dirac

http://dirac.klingt.org

3.vester fields (extract of)
Steve Roden on Volume

http://www.inbetweennoise.com
http://www.volumeprojects.org

4.Effect Of Discovery
Angel from kalmukia on Editions Mego 2008

http://mirrorworldmusic.com/artists/angel
http://www.myspace.com/angelnoise
http://www.editionsmego.com

5.untitled sound objects
PE Lang+ zimoun

http://www.untitled-sound-objects.ch

6.Patchworked Blanket
sawako from HUM on 12k

http://www.troncolon.com
http://www.12k.com

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and a recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST one minute before you -
3)    read aloud the following text:

*welcome to framework.*

*framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and its use in
composition.  field recording, phonography, the art of sound hunting;
open your ears and listen!

**/[3b)  please also feel free to translate this text into your native
tongue!]/*

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST two minutes after you have
finished speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the above address, or as an
mp3 via email

thanks!