[Microsound-announce] STFU electronic music festival 5th - 7th October

mark murphy cheesemonster at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 10:14:27 EDT 2007

STFUmusic presents...

STFU Edinburgh, from 5th - 7th October at:
The Forest Cafe, 3 Bristo Place, Edinburgh, EH1 1EY,
0131 220 4538, www.theforest.org.uk

A 3 day aural extravaganza of electronic music from a diverse range of
acts from across Europe. Our previous events have taken place in
Helsinki, Lisbon, Oporto, Rome, Weimar, Heidelberg, Manchester, Leeds,
Chester and Torres Vedras. We are now proud to hold our first festival
in Scotland's capital, Edinburgh.

PLEASE NOTE: All 3 days will now be on until 3am but all 3 days are
still completely Free!

What is STFU?
STFU is a non-profit open collective of electronic musicians and
visual artists from across Europe, where like-minded people
(experienced and unexperienced) meet to play their own music in a live
setting (some for the very first time!), take part in workshops,
discuss topics relating to the music industry / netlabel culture and
network.

view the flyer here:
http://stfu.regicide.org/stfu-edin-flyer2.jpg

and the website here:
http://www.stfumusic.org

Martin Hirsch created a documentary that follows the 2005 STFU Glasgow
festival, featuring concert footage, visuals and interviews with many
of the participants.More info and download options here:
http://www.hippocamp.co.uk/releases/hc162.htm

Line up changes:
Friday: Moriarty has pulled out and will be repalced by Binary Zero
Saturday: Room has been replaced by Autistici
On Sunday we also hope to have 1 extra workshop on
The Wii Loop Machine: Musical Software Development for the Nintendo Wii Remote
Check the website for updates in the next few days.

Cheers,
Mark