[microsound-announce] New Störung release: 'The 5th Apple' by Alina Kalancea (Deluxe 2x12", Standard 2x12" and Digipack CD)

Mon Jan 14 12:30:23 EST 2019

A new Störung Label release is available:
‘The 5th Apple’ is the debut album of sound artist Alina Kalancea,
produced at Störung Studios between 2017 and 2018.

The album is both a deep spoken word within an impressive sound
structure whilst also being a multilayered sonic composition
complimented by profound introspections. The way string instruments,
field recordings, voices and other sources have been intimately utilised
to enhance the profundity and power of the spoken word is remarkable.
The truths revealed, the fears exposed, the images created with text,
all appear more incisive, more definitive, more compelling. On the other
hand, the insight and understanding the texts profess provide meaning to
the sound sequences. The hypnotic loops receding into the background,
the deep and pulsating reverberations, the water dropping frequencies,
the disturbing and unsettling string sounds become spaces where what has
been conveyed or what it has awoken in ourselves can unfold, or recede
into the unknown.

It is an impressive journey, along which sound artists Alex Gámez
(Asférico), Julia Kent and Raven Bush have collaborated, producing
astonishingly rich sonic environments and venturing into inner abysses,
fears and repressed emotions on the way. If we listen close enough we
will find an incredibly elaborate and meticulous sound composition with
remarkable subtleties, layers and sonic nuances, if we plunge deep
enough we can get rid of some prowling fictions which stand in the way
of life and find powerful liberating truths.

str013 is available in 3 limited editions: Deluxe 2×12″ Vinyl, Standard
2×12″ Vinyl and Digipack CD.

more info: https://storung.com/en/catalog/label/str013/