[microsound-announce] Soundscraper - Call for Participation

Thom Blum thomblum at pacbell.net
Mon Feb 24 16:37:15 EST 2014

SOUNDSCRAPER - Call for Participation

This is a call for worldwide participation for a series of "live crowdsourced soundscaping" performances, beginning in San Francisco, California this March.

The Soundscraper project seeks volunteer-participants to contribute live sound from their environments, over the Internet, based on a schedule (or timetable) of requests for specific "place-sounds".

This is an unusual opportunity to stream live sounds, occurring in your locale, to a live performance using free and readily available live-streaming software which runs on your mobile phone, tablet, or laptop computer.

Full introductions to the Soundscraper project and this particular "Call for Participation" are available at http://www.soundscraper.org, including descriptions of the current project activities, as well as what to expect during Soundscraper performances.

Details about how to set up the live-streaming software are available at http://www.soundscraper.org/?page_id=68, and the timetable (or score) for the premiere performance on March 10 can be found at http://www.soundscraper.org/?page_id=52.

For inquiries about the project, please e-mail info at soundscraper.org. To participate in the March 10 live performance, please e-mail "participate at soundscraper.org" NO LATER THAN MARCH 3. Include the subject (or a line within the body of the mail), "I want to send a sound stream". We will coordinate a 15-to-30 minute period with you in which to test our streaming connection and cover a few details about the upcoming performance.

The Soundscraper project is all about Live Social Soundscaping! Stream sounds from your world and be a part of the mix....

Email inquiries to:  info at soundscraper.org
Email to participate: participate at soundscraper.org
Deadline for intent to participate: March 3, 2014
Premiere performance: March 10, 2014, 8 to 10 PM PDT (March 11, 2014, 4 to 6 AM GMT)
Performance location: Center for New Music in San Francisco, http://centerfornewmusic.com, and streamed online