[microsound-announce] 1000fussler Hochherz Asnan Buttner

gregory buettner gregorybuettner at gmx.de
Sat Mar 23 09:01:42 EDT 2013

Hello!

3 New Releases out now!

- OLAF HOCHHERZ, rooms to carry books through
- ADAM ASNAN, FBFC
- GREGORY BÜTTNER, Scherenschnitt

I start a new series of 3"CDR. All with printed cardboard sleeves.

more info: http://www.1000fussler.com/seiten/releases.html

There are also some changes at the website and some reduced prices (now
including postage).
http://www.1000fussler.com/seiten/shop.html

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/1000fussler

Best wishes,
1000füssler / Gregory
http://www.1000fussler.com

more infos:

OLAF HOCHHERZ
Rooms To Carry Books Through
3“CDR, (21'00'' ), 50 copies, cardboard sleeve
1000füssler 018, recorded and mixed Berlin 2012. released in march 2013

he setup I use consists of two parts an electronic instrument and ten
speakers. The speakers are switchable they are used to distribute the sounds
in the room. The instrument is a combination of piezoelectric contact
microphones and piezoelectric speakers placed inside a book. The book is a
resonator and a filter. The instrument is based on the feedback between
piezo microphones and speakers. In order to play the instrument I press my
hands on top of the book, thereby the conditions for the feedback change.
I didn‘t try to make an electronic device, which is controllable in the same
way as a classical acoustic instrument, instead I work with the abstraction
of the electronics. In my playing i do not control a technical apparatus,
but create an associative field. The sounds have their own live. The playing
tries to keep them alive. (Olaf Hochherz)

Olaf Hochherz  lives and works in Berlin and Shanghai. He is performing with
self build electronic instruments and computer programs. He is interested in
the conjunction of the instability and associative capacity of sounds. He is
born 1981 in Wuppertal/Germany. He studied at Folkwang Hochschule Essen
electronic composition and at Bauhaus University Weimar
media-art/media-design.
http://hochherz.klingt.org

more info: http://www.1000fussler.com/seiten/releases.html

ADAM ASNAN
FBFC
3“CDR, (18’39’’), 50 copies, cardboard sleeve
1000füssler 019, released in march 2013

FBFC comprises of 4 studies, each using a single speaker driver,
amplification feedback and the lid of a 35mm nitrate film canister, that
once contained reel 13/16 of Henry V.

Tracklist:
FBFC 1 1’11’’
FBFC 2 3’46’’
FBFC 3 10’46’’
FBFC 4 2’57’’

Adam Asnan is a London based composer-performer of musique concrète,
acquiring an MA under the supervision of Denis Smalley in 2009. Adam‘s work
promotes the aesthetic potential of fixed (recorded), amplified sound, and
the instabilities of a format; the auditory‚ image‘ subject to intervention,
or the whims of its artifice.
http://adamasnan.blogspot.com

more info: http://www.1000fussler.com/seiten/releases.html

GREGORY BÜTTNER
Scherenschnitt
3“CDR, (11'44''), 65 copies, cardboard sleeve
1000füssler 020, released in march 2013

For the piece ‘Scherenschnitt‘ (German for ‘silhouette‘, ‘cut out‘ or ‘paper
cut‘) I recorded sounds where paper and cardboard are cut with scissors, or
torn apart with a cutter. By using very close miking, some digital
processing and editing I wanted to zoom into the material. The sound of
paper and cutting itself becomes an acoustic silhouette.
‘Scherenschnitt‘ is the audio part of my sound installation of the same
title.

Gregory Büttner lives and works as a musician and artist in Hamburg. Since
2000 his main focus is on sound art and electroacoustic compositions. He
performed at several festivals and concert series in Europe and Asia,
composed music for dance and performance, radio, video and sound
installations. In 2004 he launched his label 1000füssler which releases
experimental music in small editions.
http://www.gregorybuettner.de

--
You can order direct from our website:
http://www.1000fussler.com/seiten/shop.html

the 1000füssler says thanks for your advertency.

http://www.1000fussler.com
https://soundcloud.com/1000fussler
http://www.facebook.com/1000fussler