[microsound-announce] [framework radio] #397: 2012.11.18

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Mon Nov 19 11:22:17 EST 2012

framework radio
phonography ::: field recording ::: the art of sound-hunting
open your ears and listen!

-------------------------

framework broadcasts:
     - sunday, 11pm, london, uk on resonance 104.4fm
(http://www.resonancefm.com)
     - tuesday, 12:30pm, south devon, uk on soundartradio 102.5fm
(http://www.soundartradio.org.uk)
     - wednesday, 3am, lisbon, pt on radio zero
(http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - thursday, 7pm, lisbon, pt on radio zero
(http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - thursday, 11pm, maribor, si on radio marš 95.9fm
(http://www.radiomars.si)
     - friday, 1am, brussels, be on radio campus 92.1fm
(http://www.radiocampusbruxelles.org)
     - saturday, 11am, new york state, us on wgxc 90.7fm
(http://www.wgxc.org)

~ time zone converter:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net

SUPPORT FRAMEWORK!
your contributions make framework possible. sign up as a regular donor,
or make a one-time donation here: http://www.frameworkradio.net/donate.
as a thank-you for your donation of €20 or more, we'll send you the
latest issue of our framework:seasonal cd series, issue #3, a 2.5 hour
audio dvdr by the legendary chris watson!

-------------------------

#397: 2012.11.18

this edition of framework:afield, entitled diamonds and hoofoil, has
been produced in the scottish borders by james wyness. notes from the
producer:

Diamonds and Hoofoil is an ethnosonic investigation into equestrian
culture in the Scottish Borders. As part of a wider collaborative
project, Fetlock Deep, in collaboration with Claire Pençak, Catriona
Taylor and Caroline Adam, I spent several months researching my topic,
gathering field recordings and creating an archive. Selections from the
archive were played at rural events throughout the summer of 2012 and
presented at an exhibition in the Eastgate Theatre, Peebles in November
2012.

By means of field recordings, interviews and commentary, Diamonds and
Hoofoil  examines a range of topics: how we humans and the horse have
evolved together; the deep bond between us and domesticated animals; how
we represent the horse.

Thanks to Gavin Millar, Judith, Lucy and Anna King, Les Amis d’Onno,
Claire Pençak, Catriona Taylor, Caroline Adam, Eastgate Theatre, Riding
for the Disabled (RDA), Parkside Primary School.

James Wyness is a composer, sound artist, performer and researcher.

His raw materials range typically from field and experimental studio
recordings to hand-made acoustic and electronic instruments to found
objects, which are edited and transformed in the digital domain to
produce a range of creative outcomes, including composition,
performance, stereo and multi-channel installation, work for fixed
medium and digital publication.

As a performing improviser he works with prepared bowed psaltery,
contact surfaces, vibrating devices, materials and objects.

He is also involved in traditional music both as an accompanist and
educator, working regularly with the new generation of young musicians
from 'both sides the Tweed'.

He holds an MA Honours degree in French Studies and a PhD in
electroacoustic composition from the University of Aberdeen where he
studied with Pete Stollery.

http://www.wyness.org
http://www.wyness.org/mana
http://jimmy2hats.wordpress.com

again, we are always looking for new material, whether raw field
recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions. we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated framework:afield series. send proposals or material,
released or not, on any format, to the address at the bottom of this
mail. if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

-------------------------

framework intro submissions:

   1)    take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
   2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
   3)    read aloud the following text (in english or translated):

welcome to framework. framework is a show consecrated to
field-recording, and its use in composition.  field-recording,
phonography, the art of sound hunting; open your ears and listen!

   4)    continue recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after the text
   5)    post the recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
--

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
framework
::   info at frameworkradio.net
::
::   http://www.facebook.com/frameworkradio