[microsound-announce] New Releases from Pietro Riparbelli/Italia and Jez riley French/UK at Gruenrekorder

Lasse-Marc Riek lasseart at gmx.de
Sun Apr 15 08:29:33 EDT 2012

01
Three days of silence - Pietro Riparbelli - CD

02
Estonian Strings - Jez riley French - MP3/FLAC

01
Pietro Riparbelli: Three Days of Silence (Gruen 102/12)
Soundscapes
6 Tracks (47:13)
CD

"Three days of silence" is conceived as complete phenomenological
experience of listening. I have been three days within the Sanctuary of
La Verna on the top of a mountain called "the mountain of the Stigmata"
in Tuscany. I've lived together with the monks recording and attending
the ceremonies and the sounds of the place trying to penetrate in a
dimension of pure contemplation.
http://www.gruenrekorder.de/?page_id=7023

Pietro Riparbelli:
http://www.gruenrekorder.de/?page_id=6977

02
Jez riley French: Estonian Strings (GrDl 106/12)
Field Recordings
1 Track (42:40)
MP3/FLAC

The unpredictable music of found strings, here captured using JrF
contact microphones, offers up an experience both subtle and powerful --
it keeps me fascinated, as does the challenge of presenting the results
in a clear, emotive and simple way -- allowing the moment of discovery
to remain, tempered by the slow reveal of living with this music over time.
http://www.gruenrekorder.de/?page_id=7049

Jez riley French:
http://www.gruenrekorder.de/?page_id=7000