[microsound-announce] The Public School, NY Sound Art Class at EYEBEAM

Travis Houldcroft thouldcroft at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 13:48:03 EST 2011

Hello list, I just wanted to spread the word that myself and a group
of talented sound artists have organized and will be leading a FREE
class/discussion group on Sound Art through The Public School, New
York (http://nyc.thepublicschool.org/) on Saturdays in February and
March held at Eyebeam (http://eyebeam.org/).

The meetings will cover the basics of sound and digital representation
of sound, primary areas of sound art creation and creation tools, home-
made hardware sound art tools, conceptual and philosophical aspects of
sound art creation, and will culminate with a listening/performance
session of works composed by anyone involved.

You can find more information about the class here: http://nyc.thepublicschool.org/class/2732
.

The class is open to all skill levels, though we will be going over
some of the basics of sound art, and the time spent on more
introductory topics will depend on the knowledge base for those
attending.

Hope to see you there!

Travis
--