[microsound-announce] [framework] playlist #319: 2011.02.20

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Mon Feb 21 04:20:36 EST 2011

/*framework*/ - phonography / field recording; contextual and
decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

/*framework*/ broadcasts:
     - sunday, 10pm, london, ukon *resonance 104.4fm*
(http://www.resonancefm.com)
     - wednesday, 1am, thessaloniki, gr on *cooradio*
(http://www.cooradio.com)
     - wednesday, 3am,lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - thursday, 7pm,lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - friday, 1am, brussels, be on *radio campus 92.1fm*
(http://www.radiocampusbruxelles.org)
     - saturday, 7am, new york state, us on *wgxc 90.7fm*
(http://www.wgxc.org)
     - saturday, 5pm, south devon, uk on*soundartradio 102.5fm*
(http://www.soundartradio.org.uk)

~ time zone converter:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html>~

*for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net *
*framework is supported by /soundtransit/: http://www.soundtransit.nl *

possible. visit out website to find out how to become a regular donor,
or make a one-time donation here: http://www.murmerings.com/donate.html.
25% of all donations go to *resonancefm*, without whom /*framework*/
would not exist. (if you would like to donate directly to *resonancefm*
please visit their support page here: http://www.resonancefm.com/support.)
*
**PLUS, IN CELEBRATION OF FRAMEWORK'S 250TH EDITION, DONATE €25 OR MORE
AND RECEIVE ONE OF THE FRAMEWORK250 2CD COMPILATIONS, OR **€40 OR MORE
AND RECEIVE BOTH**!

*

*#319: 2011.02.20
*
the show started off this week with a particularly composed introduction
by *anton mobin* - not exactly the intro remit, but we liked it a lot,
and thought we'd show how willing we are to break the rules.  we also
heard from several familiar names, but in rather disguised form:
*jüpalla kääpio* is a collaborative project of our good friends *hitoshi
kojo* (who we've played over the years both under his own name and as
spiracle) and his wife *carole kojo*. meanwhile, the latvian project
*bernu rits* throws a very wide net: curated, lets say, by *maksims
shentelevs*, this particular incarnation  also features *jez riley
french*, *john grzinich*, *antireality*, *simon whetham* and *sound
meccano*, and is edited from a live performance on riga's *radio naba*
in 2009. *jeph jerman*'s contribution to this show, /*vinyl*/, is,
unexpectedly, released on cd, but consists of 'collaged recordings of
old vinyl records being played with cactus needles and dried agave
leaves.' *dan warburton* gives us another location recording collage,
and *wyndel hunt* sneaks in a difficult-to-identify disc of textural
drone (which we discovered later is constructed entirely from guitar,
but you won't tell anyone, will you?).

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw
field recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions. we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated /*framework:afield*/ series. send proposals or
material, released or not, on any format, to the address below. if you
have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
tartu mnt 41
63710 ahja
polvamaa
estonia

info at frameworkradio.net

*(time  /  artist  /  track  /  album  /  label)*

00:00 - 04:47  /  anton mobin  /  framework introduction
http://antonmobin.blogspot.com

03:34 - 07:39  /  bernu rits  / /[track 1]/  /  ab hoc et ab hac  /  molmika
http://www.bernurits.com

04:58 - 11:05  /  jeph jerman  / /[track 1]/  /  vinyl  /  easy discs
http://www.jerman.littleenjoyer.com, http://easydiscs.blogspot.com

08:00 - 27:30  /  dan warburton  /  a walk chez j  /  a walk chez j  /
homophoni
http://www.paristransatlantic.com/warburton, http://homophoni.com

11:16 - 15:21  /  wyndel hunt  /  sumud  /  sunshine noir  /  dragon's
eye recordings
http://www.dragonseyerecordings.com

13:24 - 20:16  /  jüppala kääpiö  /  rainbow mask  /  rainbow mask  /
omnimemento
http://www.omnimemento.com/juppalakaapio, http://www.omnimemento.com

23:08 - 37:29  /  bernu rits  / /[track 4]/  /  ab hoc et ab hac  /  molmika
http://www.bernurits.com

26:30 - 54:58  /  jeph jerman  / /[track 2]/  /  vinyl  /  easy discs
http://www.jerman.littleenjoyer.com, http://easydiscs.blogspot.com

34:06 - 40:35  /  wyndel hunt  /  invisible hand revealed: iron fist  /
sunshine noir  /  dragon's eye recordings
http://www.dragonseyerecordings.com

35:33 - 54:11  /  jüppala kääpiö  /  masked rainbow  /  rainbow mask  /
omnimemento
http://www.omnimemento.com/juppalakaapio, http://www.omnimemento.com

42:30 - 51:39  /  bernu rits  / /[track 4]/  /  ab hoc et ab hac  /  molmika
http://www.bernurits.com

45:33 - 54:02  /  wyndel hunt  /  sunshine noir  /  sunshine noir  /
dragon's eye recordings
http://www.dragonseyerecordings.com

49:44 - 55:46  /  jeph jerman  / /[track 4]/  /  vinyl  /  easy discs
http://www.jerman.littleenjoyer.com, http://easydiscs.blogspot.com

50:03 - 57:00  /  bernu rits  / /[track 3]/  /  ab hoc et ab hac  /  molmika
http://www.bernurits.com

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
2)    record for /AT LEAST/ one minute before you -
3)    read aloud the following text:

*welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and its use in
composition.  field recording, phonography, the art of sound hunting;
open your ears and listen!*

*/[3b)  please also feel free to translate this text into your native
tongue!] /*

4)    continue your recording for /AT LEAST/ two minutes after you have
finished speaking
5)   post the recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3

thanks!