[microsound-announce] "The Lights In Room 7" in EV+A 2010

Robin Parmar robin at robinparmar.com
Tue Mar 9 20:23:24 EST 2010

As part of the international exhibit "EV+A 2010: Matters", curator Elizabeth Hatz of Sweden commissioned me to produce a sound art installation. The location is in the old art college building on George's Quay, once used for the fashion and sculpture departments.

I began the process by simply going into the room and listening. A process of recording, measurement, interpretation, processing and composition resulted in "The Lights In Room 7". The process has produced a space augmented by the attention I have paid it.

Those who come to the room will hear sounds that differ for each visit, but which all share in common the source described in the title.

The exhibition opens this Friday 12 March at 7pm with a ceremony at LSAD Gallery, Limerick School of Art & Design, Clare Street. It runs for 10 weeks, until Sunday 23 May, at many venues across Limerick, Ireland. These include The Hunt Museum, Limerick County Hall, Thomond Park Stadium and the Absolute Hotel. A total of 58 artists are included. For more details visit www.eva.ie.

-----
Robin Parmar
robinparmar.com