[microsound-announce] BROKEN SLEEP: looking for Aug/Sept shows in Germany and beyond

broken sleep egoscape at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 07:19:55 EDT 2010

BROKEN SLEEP (Canada)
drone, field recordings, minimal, ambient noise to harsh noise
http://freewebs.com/brokensleep
http://myspace.com/brokensleep
http://myspace.com/brokensleepfieldrecordings
http://myspace.com/milfwolf

late AUGUST - early SEPTEMBER 2010, EUROPE
booking: egoscape at gmail.com

Fresh off an April - May (primarily eastern) European tour with video
feedback artist Merlyn, I'll be back in late August - early September
with an unused Germany/"Benelux" rail pass and am looking for places to
play in those countries and beyond. I'm currently traveling in Nepal and
India, and am mainly looking forward to returning with some new gear,
new field recordings, and new approaches to perform varied Broken Sleep
sets (as opposed to breaking up the drone and the noise to pre-define
and label sets as either "Broken Sleep" or "Milf Wolf").

unintentionally pretentious sounding bio:
-6th European tour (under various names)
-active in D.I.Y. & extreme music off+on for 25+ years
-shared line-ups with a diverse set of folks, including:
Antoni Maiovvi, Aranos, Birds Build Nests Underground, Crank Sturgeon,
Dave Phillips, Dev 79, Flatline Construct, Goatsblood, Hecate, Hexenbrutal,
Holzkopf, incite/, Jason Kahn, Jesus is a Noise Commander, Love Cult,
Mecha/Orga, Open Performance Orchestra, Pan Sonic, Praying for Oblivion,
Pulse Emitter, The Rita, Scant Intone, Sistrenatus, Skeeter, Sudden Infant,
Synapscape, Tourette, Wouters Jaspers...
-festivals:
Autonomous Mutant Festival, Fake Jazz (Vancouver), Noise Camp (Vienna),
Noiz Fest (Ljubljana), Signal & Noise (Vancouver), Termite Club
(Leeds)....and Mike Fest (Prague)
-fun facts:
one of Northwest North America's first breakcore and mixed-genre
experimental/extreme music promoters, co-founder of promotional
collective Mediacore, organized Vancouver's first Laptop Battle, owns
18 distortion
pedals, still uses a Boss BE-5 multi-effects pedal that he has owned for
close to 20 years, has studied voice with sound artist DB Boyko

..thanks for your time - Colin