[microsound-announce] [framework] playlist #267: 2010.01.17

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Mon Jan 18 07:16:07 EST 2010

/*framework*/ - phonography / field recording; contextual and
decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

/*framework*/ broadcasts:
    - sunday, 10pm, london, uk on *resonance 104.4fm*
(http://www.resonancefm.com)
    - tuesday, 2pm, london, uk on *resonance 104.4fm*
(http://www.resonancefm.com)
    - wednesday, 12am, thessaloniki, gr on *cooradio*
(http://www.cooradio.com)
    - wednesday, 3am, lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
    - thursday, 7pm, lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
    - friday, 1am, brussels, be on *radio campus 92.1fm*
(http://www.radiocampusbruxelles.org)
    - saturday, 5pm, south devon, uk on *soundartradio 102.5fm*
(http://www.soundartradio.org.uk)

~ time zone converter:  http://thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

*for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net *
*framework is supported by /soundtransit/: http://www.soundtransit.nl *

possible.  visit out website to find out how to become a regular donor,
or make a one-time donation here:
http://www.murmerings.com/donate.html.  25% of all donations go to
*resonancefm*, without whom /*framework*/ would not exist. (if you would
like to donate directly to *resonancefm* please visit their support page
here: http://www.resonancefm.com/support.)
*
**PLUS, IN CELEBRATION OF FRAMEWORK'S 250TH EDITION, DONATE €25 OR MORE
AND RECEIVE ONE OF THE /FRAMEWORK250/ 2CD COMPILATIONS, OR **€40 OR MORE
AND RECEIVE BOTH**!

*

*#267: 2010.01.17

*this edition has been produced in montreal, canada by regular
contributor france jobin, as part of her series my favorite things.  for
more information visit her website at http://www.i8u.com.  france says:

    Framework - i8u - my favorite things (Installment  #3)

    Bonjour,  I am france jobin, better know as i8u.  Welcome to  "these
    are a few of my favorite things", the first segment of 2010.

    As mentioned in earlier installments, my interpretation of field
    recording based works, is very broad however, the thread I like to
    follow is to find  artists who have mastered  their unique identity
    through the music of sound.

    For the next two editions of "my favorite things", i will focus on a
    particular label based in Vienna. The label is nvo, non visual
    objects and it was founded in 2005 by Heribert Friedl and Raphael
    Moser. In 2007, nvo released   : Extract, Portraits of Soundartists,
    a book and 2 cd's.
    The next hour will be devoted to the 1st cd's issued as well as
    excerpts from the book.

    from the introduction:

    /"Since we started the label Nonvisualobjects two years ago, many
    collaborations with artists worldwide have arisen, a large, growing
    network has evolved and an extensive body of work has been formed
    that we would like to explore and try to sum up. The book developed
    from the idea of presenting an extract of artists involved in the
    current experimental electro-acoustic music scene, often following a
    rather reduced approach in their work. We would like to present
    artists that work in different areas in this field of
    electro-acoustic music, to cover a large spectrum even in this quite
    specific area.

    With essays, interviews, photos, drawings and other materials
    presented in this book, we try to look at the motivation and
    intention behind the sound production from different perspectives,
    to possibly allow for a new/extended approach to this form of music.
    Many of the artists involved in this project do not exclusively work
    with sound, but also in other artistic disciplines. In this book we
    would like to present these other sides of their work to allow
    crossreferences/crosslinks to open up new aspects of the music.

    The chapters consist of collage-like contributions. Images and text
    should not necessarily be regarded as complete units, but are open
    to various possibilites of interpretation.

    It was not our intention to present a discourse in theories of art
    and music. It was also not our wish to present a curated work on a
    specific topic. Instead we wanted to show very personal portraits
    created by the artists themselves, which describe their way of
    working, the methodology of their sound production and which also
    portray the artist’s physical and not only their intellectual
    environment – where one lives, things of everyday life, things of
    interest and inspiration.

    In the fast moving times of the digital era, it was also our wish
    to, at least partly, hold on to an analogue medium. Should the
    inevitable decay of digitally stored media ever lead to the
    disappearance of much of contemporary art and culture, the
    possibility to refer to this book would still remain."/

    Heribert Friedl, Raphael Moser (http://wwwnonvisualobjects.com)

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw
field recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions.  we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated series.  send proposals or material, released or not,
on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please
don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
tartu mnt 41
63710 ahja
polvamaa
estonia

info at frameworkradio.net

*(track  /  artist  /  website)*

1. Fingers pointing at the moon  /  Keith Berry  /
http://www.twoinchesofftheground.com
2. A field for recordings 2  /  Richard Chartier  /
http://www.3particles.com
3. Live in Osaka  /  Taylor Deupree  /  http://www.12k.com
4. nbvto  /  Heribert Friedl  /  http://www.nonvisualobjects.com
5. Précis  /  Richard Garet  /  http://www.richardgaret.com
6. Microclimates for Paliku  /  Andy Graydon  /  http://www.andygraydon.net
7. Listen to what you see  /  Bernhard Günter  /
http://www.trenteoiseaux.de
8. Radio  /  John Hudak  /  http://www.johnhudak.net
9. In Absentia  /  Dean King  /  http://www.etoami.com
10. Provisional  /  Dale Lloyd  /  http://www.and-oar.org

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
2)    record for /AT LEAST/ one minute before you -
3)    read aloud the following text:

*welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and its use in
composition.  field recording, phonography, the art of sound hunting;
open your ears and listen!*

*/[3b)  please also feel free to translate this text into your native
tongue!] /*

4)    continue your recording for /AT LEAST/ two minutes after you have
finished speaking
5)   post the recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3

thanks!