[microsound-announce] RICHARD CHARTIER: news/exhibit/event/release update. 01.2009

RICHARD CHARTIER chartier at 3particles.com
Wed Jan 7 07:03:37 EST 2009

richard chartier . update
january 2009

hello and happy new year to you all.

just back from a wonderful vacation and performance in Tokyo this past
weekend and still feeling the residual jet lag.
now getting excited about the upcoming Obama innauguration which i
will have the convenience of walking to!

a number of releases in my paypal shop are almost gone so i am
offering them for sale now signed.

_- NEW + RECENT RELEASES -_
a limited number of these & other releases are available via the
online paypal SHOP [ http://www.3particles.com ]:

EDITION CD . _Absence  _ [ 3particles, US ]  special limited edition
of 50 signed and numbered cds on lettepressed insert. ONLY 5 REMAINING.

CD . _Incidence_ [ Raster-Noton, Germany ] ONLY 5 REMAINING. these
will be signed

CD  . _Set or Performance_ [ LINE, US ] ONLY 10 REMAINING. these will
be signed

CD  .  _Specification.Fifteen_  with  Taylor Deupree [ LINE, US ] ONLY
3 REMAINING. out of print from label.

CD . _Further Materials_ [ LINE [ http://www.12k.com/line ], USA ]
all compilation recordings from 2002-2005 (including collaborative
works with Taylor Deupree)

you can also purchase downloads of many releases via  Emusic [ http://www.emusic.com
  ] + Boomkat [ http://www.boomkat.com ] + Itunes [ http://www.itunes.com/richardchartier
  ]

_- CURRENT EVENTS + FUTURE RELEASES, EVENTS, ETC -_

BOOKING  . my live performance work now represented by [ http://www.shaktimusic.ch
  ]Shatki Music Management & Booking in Switzerland.

DVD.  _Colorfield Variations_. with works by:  Frank Bretschneider,
Alan Callander, Chris Carter + Cosey Fanni Tutti (Chris & Cosey /
Throbbing
Gristle),  Sue Costabile, Evelina Domnitch + Dmitry Gelfand, Mark Fell
(SND/Blir) + Ernest Edmonds, Tina Frank + General Magic, Ryoichi
Kurokawa,
Stephan Mathieu, Steve Roden, Sawako, and Bas Van Koolwijk. curated by
Richard Chartier. [ LINE [ http://www.12k.com/line ], US ]  NTSC. late
Jan 2009.

EXHIBIT  . collaborative installation work exhibit with artist Linn
Meyers [ http://www.linnmeyers.com ]. [ http://
www.artgallery.umd.edu ]Art Gallery University of Maryland . this work
will be a large scale architectural wall drawing by Linn Meyers and an
8 channel sound work by me. February 11- March 13, 2009

LIVE . [ http://www.thestonenyc.com ]The Stone [ New York, NY ]
performing an all new work. Feb 25, 2009

CD . _TBC_ [ [ http://www.nonvisualobjects.com ]NonVisualObjects, AT ]
March/April 2009

LIVE . TBC [ Paris, France ] April 2009 (to be confirmed)

DVD  .  "Sonolevitation"  (with  Evelina Domnitch + Dmitry Gelfand) on
Optofonica [ http://www.optofonica.com ] [ LINE [ http://www.12k.com/line
  ], US ] May 2009

COLLABORATION . Asmus Tietchens and I are currently working on our
next collaborative recording together. We starting from a strange new
work that
was very unusual for me (at parts sounding like an homage to my friend
CoH)... this is leading us into non-tietchens/non-chartier worlds.

CURATORIAL . I am currently curating a large scale sound/video
installation exhibit at the [ http://www.artgallery.umd.edu ]Art
Gallery of the University of Maryland [ USA ] in Sept
2009. tentatively titled "Data Waves / Audio Lines" more information
can be found under EXHBITS/CURATORIAL on my website.

COLLABORATION  .  Sirens.  Project direction by: Thanasis Kaproulias |
Novi_sad.   Participants: Bruce Cawdron [Godspeed You! Black Emperor],
Richard Chartier, Beckie Foon [A silver Mt. zion, Set fire to flames],
Jacob Kirkegaard, Helge Sten [Deathprod, Supersilent]

COLLABORATION . with CoH. as NICE BOX. an intriguing potential post-
pop project...

RICHARD CHARTIER
www.3particles.com