[microsound-announce] SB :: The Voise of Noise

HarS' Sound Chronicles hars7 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 7 03:03:26 EST 2009

SOUNDBLOG :: January 6th, 2009 -- #289-----"THE VOISE OF NOISE"Little will make me as happy as happening upon a good idea, be it my own or somebody else's ...Therefore this edition of the SoundBlog is dedicated to (at least) three (3) simply wonderful (and wonderfully simple) ideas.* First, there are the (many) fine ideas of dutch fashion designers Viktor & Rold, now on show in the Centraal Museum in Utrecht (the Netherlands).* We then reflect sort of heavily upon the craftful and enjoyable music of british electronician & band-leader Mathhew Herbert, who in his polit-pop does not allow himself the use of sounds that 'exist already'. Matthew creates much of his sound from field recordings, often obtained during pretty extravagent recording rituals. I argue that the logic that leads him to doing so, in fact is a logic of magic.* In the third and final part we then reveal the true 'voise of noise' by partly erasing it, in 'denoising noise music' with Richard Eigner.[ permalink: http://www.harsmedia.com/SoundBlog/Archief/00659.php ]--Have a great day ...!__ Harold Schellinx===================================== * Be an Angel !__ Guard the SoundBlog !__==== http://angelsponsor.soundblog.net ===