[microsound-announce] RICHARD CHARTIER: update. 08.2009 UNTITLED(ANGLE.1) cd out now+ new high quality downloads

RICHARD CHARTIER chartier at 3particles.com
Mon Aug 3 13:30:02 EDT 2009

=RICHARD CHARTIER . UPDATE=
-august 2009-

happy summer to you all. hope you are not melting...

_- NEW + RECENT RELEASES -_
a limited number of these & other releases are available via the new online
paypal CD + DOWNLOAD [1]SHOP:
  Links:
    1. http://www.3particles.com

CD . _Untitled(angle.1)_ [ Non Visual Objects, AT ]. 30 copies signed. 12
remaining.

also... I have remastered these releases and making them available in a
Lossless M4A format. This format does not reduce the sound quality. After
many tests i
felt that these particular works would not be done justice via a standard
MP3 format. i wanted to make these works available again to be heard fully.

each full download is only $10 (US) each. purchasers will receive an email
with a unique URL for downloading. and you can drop it right into your
Itunes (etc).

REISSUES/REMASTERS
High Quality downloads for:
• Decisive Forms  + How Things Change (out of print with bonus track)
• Tracing  (out of print)
• Incidence+preIncidence  ( 17:36 exclusive unreleased piece)
• A Hesitant Fold (long out of print)
• Retrieval 1-5 + Retrieval Path
• Archival 1991 + 1992 (out of print with bonus track)

COMING SOON:
• Series + bonus tracks
• Of Surfaces + bonus tracks
• Two Locations + bonus tracks

you can also purchase downloads of many releases via  [2]Emusic + [3]Boomkat
+ [4]Itunes
  Links:
    2. http://www.emusic.com
    3. http://www.boomkat.com
    4. http://www.itunes.com/richardchartier

_- CURRENT EVENTS + FUTURE RELEASES, EVENTS, ETC -_

EXHIBIT . "Camera Lucida" by Evelina Domnitch + Dmitry Gelfand, sound (
Specification.sixteen ) by Richard Chartier + Taylor Deupree @ [5]Santral
Museum [ Istanbul, TR ] March 20-Sept 20, 2009
  Links:
    5. http://www.santralistanbul.com

ARTICLE . Pisano, Leandro. "La Superficie Del Silenzio", Blow Up, # 134/135
(July/August 2009), Italy: 124-129 [6]DOWNLOAD PDF
  Links:
    6. http://www.3particles.com/press/chartier_lasuperficiedelsilenzio_blowup2009.pdf

ARTICLE . Kudryavtsev, Vlad. "Linear Music: Richard Chartier", _Electronic
Music Magazine_, #3 (2009), Russia: p 1,3, 10-15 [7]DOWNLOAD PDF
  Links:
    7. http://www.3particles.com/press/electronicmusicmag_russia09.pdf

CURATORIAL/SCREENING . [8]Colorfield Variations @ [9]Staatsgalerie Stuttgart
[ Stuttgart, DE ] Sept 3, 2009
  Links:
    8. http://www.3particles.com/05_exhibits/05_c_04.html
    9. http://www.staatsgalerie.de

PUBLICATION . _photos in The Graphic Eye_ by Stefan Bucher [ Rotovision,
UK / [11]Chronicle Books, US ] October 2009
  Links:
    10. http://www.rotovision.com
    11. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0811869032?ie=UTF8&tag=344designcom-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0811869032

CURATORIAL/SCREENING . [12]Colorfield Variations @ [13]Dis-patch Festival [
Belgrade, Serbia ] Oct 23-Nov 8, 2009 TBC
  Links:
    12. http://www.3particles.com/05_exhibits/05_c_04.html
    13. http://www.dis-patch.com

CURATORIAL/SCREENING  .  [14]Colorfield  Variations  @  LIFEM:  London
International Festival of Exploratory Music [ London, UK ] Nov 4-7, 2009
  Links:
    14. http://www.3particles.com/05_exhibits/05_c_04.html

PUBLICATION . _Packaging Identity_ by Pedro Guitton [ Index, Spain ]
Fall 2009
  Links:
    15. http://www.indexbook.com

CD . _Fabrication 2_ with [16]Asmus Tietchens [ Auf Abwegen, DE ] Fall
2009
  Links:
    16. http://www.tietchens.de
    17. http://www.aufabwegen.de/label

DVD . "Sonolevitation" (with Evelina Domnitch + Dmitry Gelfand) in 5.1
surround on [18]Optofonica [ LINE, US ] Fall 2009
  Links:
    18. http://www.optofonica.com
    19. http://www.12k.com/line

EXHIBIT . "Fly 2008" video by [20]Al Miner, sound by Richard Chartier @ G
Fine Art [ DC ] 2009
  Links:
    20. http://abminer.com

CD . _A Field for Mixing_ [TBC] 2009

PUBLICATION . "On Liquid Sky" in _The Book of Guilty Pleasures_ edited by
Song Ming Ang + Kim Cascone [ TBC ] 2009

CURATORIAL . seasonal sound art series of concerts/events with [21]88 Space.
Washington, DC. 2010
  Links:
    21. http://www.eightyeightdc.com

CD . Transparency 1+2 [TBC] 2010

COLLABORATION  .  _Sirens_.  Project direction by: Thanasis Kaproulias |
Novi_sad.  Participants: CM von Hausswolff, Richard Chartier, Beckie Foon [A
silver  Mt.  zion,  Set fire to flames],  Jacob Kirkegaard, Helge Sten
[Deathprod, Supersilent] 2010

CURATORIAL . I am currently curating a sound/video installation exhibit at
the [22]Art Gallery of the University of Maryland [ USA ] February 2010.
titled  "Data.Waves.Audio.Lines"  more  information can be found under
EXHBITS/CURATORIAL PROJECTS on my website.
  Links:
    22. http://www.artgallery.umd.edu

PUBLICATION . _Listening Electronically: The Aesthetics of Experimental
Electronic Music_ by Joanna Demers [ Oxford University Press ] 2010. This
book features a chapter on Minimalism which focuses' on my work as well as
Ryoji Ikeda, Miki Yui, and Kim Cascone.

RICHARD CHARTIER
www.3particles.com

be a fan and keep up to date on [23]facebook!
  Links:
    23. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Richard-Chartier/56924059114

Our mailing address is:
3particles.com