[Microsound-announce] RICHARD CHARTIER > 07.08 > 12k+Chartier SUMMER SALES + news/event/new release update

RICHARD CHARTIER chartier at 3particles.com
Tue Jul 8 09:32:36 EDT 2008

hello and welcome to summer!

i hope you are all doing well. just some brief info here

what better way to start off summer than with my first ever summer
sale going on now for a limited time in my paypal shop on the website.
http://www.3particles.com

cds and special editions have been discounted from $1 - $10 US off
normal prices.
also i have included several paintings for sale online from the
exhibit  "Absence/Presence" that are still available.

stock update! a few cds are almost gone, some to be out of print :
• only 2 copies of "of surfaces" remain.
• only 3 copies of "two locations" remain.
• only 2 copies of "levels.inverted" remain.
• only 3 copies of "archival1991" remain.
• only 10 copies of "absence" remain.
• only 5 copies of "retrieval" remain.

also:
THE 2008 SUMMER BACK CATALOG SALE: JULY 1ST THRU JULY 31ST
12K'S ONLINE SHOP: http://www.12k.com/shop

the following titles are half priced. all discounts are marked in the
shop. prices include shipping!
FOURCOLOR “LETTER OF SOUNDS”
SEBASTIEN ROUX “SONGS”
ANTTI RANNISTO “ÄÄNIESINEITÄ”
BRETSCHNEIDER + STEINBRUCHEL “STATUS”
DEUPREE + KIRSCHNER “POST PIANO 2″
SHUTTLE358 “CHESSA”
MOTION “EVERY ACTION”
VARIOUS ARTISTS “TWO POINT TWO”
KENNETH KIRSCHNER “SEPTEMBER 19, 1998 ET. AL”
DORON SADJA “A PIECE OF STRING, A SUNSET”
DOUBLENDS VERT “CISTERN”
CHESSMACHINE “LIVE IN LOS ANGELES”
VEND “WIEL”
RICHARD CHARTIER “SET OR PERFORMANCE”
DUUL DRV/NIBO/VEND “CLEAN”
ROEL MEELKOP “TO BE ANNOUNCED”
MIKI YUI “LUEP PEUL EPUL”

happy shopping
and happy summer

- -  NEW +RECENT RELEASES  - -
a limited number of these & other releases are available via the http://www.3particles.com
   online paypal SHOP:

EDITION CD . "Absence"   [ 3particles, US ]  special limited edition
of 50 signed and numbered cds on lettepressed insert, released in
conjunction with the opening of the show "Absence/Presence".

CD . William Basinski + Richard Chartier "untitled 1-3"  [ LINE, US ]
special reissue of the long out of print spekk cd now with 2 new
exclusive compositions.

CD . Further Materials [ LINE, USA ]   all compilation recordings from
2002-2005 (including collaborative works with Taylor Deupree)

10x7" BOX SET . Recovery [ Random Records, UK ] . limited edition of
500 numbered copies. Essay by Kamal Ackarie on the notion of covers
and tributes. Artists doing covers include: Ryoji Ikeda, Carsten
Nicolai, Christian Fennesz, Mika Vanio, Johaan Johaanson, Monolake, b
j nilsen, Susan Stenger, :zoviet*france, People Like Us & Ergo
Phizmiz, J.G.Thirlwell, Chris Carter + Cosey Fanni Tutti, snd, Momus
and Gremlin, Matmos , Nicebox (Richard Chartier & CoH),  Paradise
Island (Jenny Hoyston), Donna Summer/Jason Forrest, Robert Lippok,
Mouse on Mars.  CoH and I are covering "bleak is my favourite cliché"
by Soft Cell. my first foray into POP music... and I actually do
vocals.  GET ON THEIR LIST TO RESERVE ONE, comes out this month!: http://www.fracturedrecordings.com

- - CURRENT EVENTS + FUTURE RELEASES, EVENTS, ETC - -

ITUNES + EMUSIC + OTHERS . from the 3particles archives OTHER
MATERIALS (2003) and DIRECT.INCIDENTAL.CONSEQUENTIAL edition 2
( 1998/2002) now available.

CD . 60º Project  - The Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival is
celebrating the 60th anniversary of musique concrete and the
pioneering work of Pierre Schaeffer by commissioning 60º by Mathew
Adkins. This highly exciting and adventurous work will involve the
contribution of sound materials by 60 composers from around the world.
We would like to invite you to be one of the participating composers.
artists include: AGF, François Bayle, Mira Calix, Richard Chartier,
Francis Dhomont, Lawrence English, Erikm,	Christian Fennesz, Tim
Hecker	, Christina Kubisch, Francisco López, Stephan Mathieu, Steve
Roden, Scanner, Janek Schaefer, Conrad Schnitzler, Sogar, Terre
Thaemlitz, David Toop and many more. The concept behind the project is
ingenious. Rather than celebrating Schaeffer's achievements through
curating a concert of historical works, Adkins and the hcmf Artistic
Director Graham McKenzie have decided to invite 60 sound artists and
composers to each contribute 60 sounds. Each of these sounds will then
be made available to all of the participants who will then create
sound fragments based on this material. This material will then be
mixed by Adkins in the studios of INA-GRM in July 2008. The work will
be premiered on 28th November 2008 at the Huddersfield Contemporary
Music Festival. The premiere will also mark the release of the work on
CD.   http://www.60project.com/

LIVE . Specification.Fifteen with Taylor Deupree @ Plateaux Festival
[ Poland ] Nov 7-9, 2008

LIVE . solo performance @ Plateaux Festival [ Poland ] Nov 7-9, 2008

CURATORIAL: Colorfield Variations: video program @ Plateaux Festival
[ Poland ] Nov 7-9, 2008

PANEL DISCUSSION:  Plateaux Festival [ Poland ] Nov 7-9, 2008

DVD. Colorfield Variations. with works by:  Frank Bretschneider, Alan
Callander, Chris Carter + Cosey Fanni Tutti (Chris&Cosey / Throbbing
Gristle), Sue Costabile, Evelina Domnitch + Dmitry Gelfand, Mark Fell
(SND/Blir) + Ernest Edmonds, Tina Frank + General Magic, Ryoichi
Kurokawa, Stephan Mathieu, Steve Roden, Sawako, and Bas Van Koolwijk.
curated by Richard Chartier. [ LINE, US ]  NTSC. November 2008.

CD . Recurrent  [ NVO, Austria ] Late 2008

LIVE . [ Tokyo, Japan ]  TBC  Late 2008

DESIGN PUBLICATION . LINE packaging series 3: Best of Disk Art –
Innovation in CD, DVDor Vinyl Design & Packaging by Charlotte Rivers
[ Rotovision, UK ] 2008

DESIGN PUBLICATION . LINE packaging series 3: 1000 Supreme CDs [ Mao
Mao, Spain ] 2008

SCREENING/CURATORIAL: Colorfield Variations. Avmotional [ Bucharest,
Romania ]  TBC  2008

SCREENING/CURATORIAL: Colorfield Variations  [ San Francisco + Los
Angeles, US ]  location to be confirmed 2008. www.volumeprojects.org

CURATORIAL . I have been asked to curate a large scale sound/video
installation exhibit at the Art Gallery of the University of Maryland
[ USA ] date to be confirmed. 2009. tentatively titled "Data Waves /
Audio Lines" more information can be found under EXHBITS/CURATORIAL on
my website.

COLLABORATION . Asmus Tietchens and I have begun production on the
next collaborative recording together. Starting from a strange new
work that was very unusual for me (at parts sounding like an homage to
my friend CoH)... we shall see where this new direction leads us.

EXHIBIT . collaborative installation work with artist Linn Meyers.
2008. www.linnmeyers.com

COLLABORATION . with Taylor Deupree. a new work based on the sounds
derived from one of Harry Bertoia's sound sculptures.

R I C H A R D C H A R T I E R

http://www.3particles.com
chartier at 3particles.com