[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 26.09.07

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Thu Sep 27 13:04:50 EDT 2007

framework broadcasts sundays on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 9-10pm gmt

next edition: 30.09.07
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcast, or to stream the latest edition: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework
framework is supported by soundtransit: http://www.soundtransit.nl

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

***important announcement***  live programming has now resumed!  meanwhile, framework has a new, we think more appropriate, home, on sunday evenings from 9 to 10pm.  so that means our first new edition since the studio move will take place this sunday, the 30th of september, 9pm.  meanwhile, here is one last archive podcast, available just for a few days to fill the gap...

this week we repeated an edition of framework first aired on 05.07.06, featuring the incidental amplifications compilation, leif elggren, giancarlo toniutti, murmer (ahem), ora & alio die, dallas simpson & kenji siratori, francisco lopez, and an intro recorded by leny puksar.  from the original playlist:

  "we bid a fond farewell to our long-held friday slot with our most recent edition of framework:afield, produced in cottonwood, az, by jeph jerman (http://www.davidstanford.com/jerman), and quickly settled in to our new wednesday slot a few days later with our latest normal edition, featuring more sounds from mooste, estonia, as well as new and old recordings by francisco lopez, giancarlo toniutti, dallas simpson in collaboration with cyberpunk author kenji siratori, ora with alio die, leif elggren, and a few more tracks from the incidental amplifications compilation."

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of our guest-curated series.  send proposals or material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
bp17
27910 perruel
france

framework at talk21.com

26.09.07
(this edition will be available online until 30.09.07)

(artist  /  title  /  album  /  label)

framework intro  /  leny puksar
great abstract narrative recording - more to come in future shows
www.lenypuksar.ch

dzo  /  untitled  /  incidental amplifications [compilation]  /  room40
unidentifiable seemingly untreated rumblings recording
http://www.room40.org

francisco lopez  /  untitled #164 [extract]  /  untitled #164  /  unsounds
deep pitch treatments and arrangements
http://www.franciscolopez.net, http://www.unsounds.com

murmer  /  rain on fire  /  -  /  -
untreated recording of rain falling and popping on the smouldering embers of a leaf-fire
http://www.murmerings.com

leif elggren  /  hiv  /  virulent images virulent sound  /  firework edition
claimed to be constructed from 'micro-recordings' of viruses made in a government lab in libya
http://www.fireworkeditionrecords.com

m. rosner  /  may0105  /  incidental amplifications [compilation]  /  room40
rattles, rumbles, insects and heartbeats
http://www.room40.org

giancarlo toniutti  /  awijagandeng monni  /  the sound of nature the nature of sound [compilation]  /  kaon
pulsating whistles and metallic scrapings from this rare late recorded appearance
http://www.soundohm.com/toniutti.htm, http://www.kaon.org

leif elggren  /  lassa  /  virulent images virulent sound  /  firework edition
another libyan virus recording - do we choose to believe?
http://www.fireworkeditionrecords.com

murmer  /  water trilogy  /  -  /  -
mix of 3 recordings of a single stream in mooste, estonia
http://www.murmerings.com

thembi soddell  /  watching  /  incidental amplifications [compilation]  /  room40
beautiful static states from abstracted natural recordings
http://cajid.com/thembi, http://www.room40.org

ora & alio die  /  autumn cove  /  the door of possibilities  /  hic sunt leones
seaside sounds, horns, masts, and chiming pipes from 1993
http://icrdistribution.com/ora.htm, http://www.aliodie.com

dallas simpson & kenji siratori  /  environmental infaction mutation : breast womb play / genetic toy   [extract]  /  -  /  -
dallas' environmental acoustic treatment of recorded spoken word by this japanese american author
http://www.dallasmasters.co.uk/dallas, http://www.kenjisiratori.com

francisco lopez  /  untitled #164 [extract]  /  untitled #164  /  unsounds
a second, rarely rhythmic extract composed from knocks scrapes and breaths
http://www.franciscolopez.net, http://www.unsounds.com

leif elggren  /  mumps  /  virulent images virulent sound  /  firework edition
one last chance - firework editions accepts no responsibility for illness caused by this cd
http://www.fireworkeditionrecords.com

 framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!