[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 10.01.07

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Wed Jan 10 09:09:42 EST 2007

.
framework broadcasts wednesdays on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 1-2pm gmt

next broadcast:    17.01.07
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcast, or to stream the latest edition: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework
framework is supported by soundtransit: http://www.soundtransit.nl

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

so - my first regular edition of framework in 2007 acts as a sort of activity report for my recent travels in north america.  the edition is constructed entirely from material produced by artists i've met in the past few months, in new york city, boston, montague and montreal, including many locals (howard stelzer, michael delia, brendan murray, ben owen, joda clement, magali babin) and quite a few other visitors as well (richard francis, campbell kneale, frans de waard, peter wright, anthony milton).  most is released material, although there are also the shadows of one live collaboration between frans de waard, howard stelzer and me.  there was a lot of ground to cover, so it's a pretty dense show - enjoy it!

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of our guest-curated series.  send proposals or material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
31 nevill road
london n16 8sl
uk

framework at talk21.com

10.01.07
(this edition will be available online until 17.01.07)

 (artist  /  title  / album  /  label)

claire bannister  /  framework introduction

magali babin  /  petit jardin  /  chemin de fer  /  no type
http://www.electrocd.com/bio.e/babin_ma.html, http://www.notype.com

brendan murray  /  seize  /  wonders never cease  /  intransitive
http://www.brendanmurray.com, http://www.intransitiverecordings.com

eso steel  /  track 4  /  two ways  /  drone
http://www.cmr.co.nz, http://www.dronerecords.de

joda clement  /  heliotaxis  /  movement + rest  /  alluvial
http://www.jodaclement.com, http://www.alluvialrecordings.com

mpld & ben owen  /  untitled #1  /  10e #1 - 060424  /  unframed
http://www.m-i-c-r-o.net/mpld, http://www.benowen.org, http://unframedrecordings.net

magali babin  /  jogging dans la maison hantée  /  chemin de fer  /  no type
http://www.electrocd.com/bio.e/babin_ma.html, http://www.notype.com

anthony milton  /  the armchair (sprung)  /  the end of the short road  /  deserted village
http://www.sphosting.com/pseudoarcana, http://www.desertedvillage.com

beequeen  /  10 minutes before the worm  /  sugarbush  /  raum 312
http://www.beequeen.nl

michael delia  /  track 12  /  usuku  /  -
http://mad.lemurie.cz

margarida garcia & mattin  /  track 1  /  for permitted consumption  /  l'innomable
http://www.creativesourcesrec.com/artists/m_garcia.html, http://www.mattin.org, http://www.innomable.com

barry weisblat, alfredo costa monteiro, ernesto rodrigues  /   track 1  /  diafon  /  creative sources
http://www.creativesourcesrec.com

magali babin  /  triturations  /  chemin de fer  /  no type
http://www.electrocd.com/bio.e/babin_ma.html, http://www.notype.com

eso steel  /  track 1  /  two ways  /  drone
http://www.cmr.co.nz, http://www.dronerecords.de

seht & stelzer  /   track 5  /  exactly what you lost  /  intransitive
http://www.dorkinglabs/com/seht.php, http://www.howardstelzer.com, http://www.intransitiverecordings.com

brendan murray  /  seas  /  wonders never cease  /  intransitive
http://www.brendanmurray.com, http://www.intransitiverecordings.com

frans de waard, howard stelzer & murmer  /  live in montague, ma  /  -  /  -
http://www.beequeen.nl/de_waard, http://www.howardstelzer.com, http://www.murmerings.com

joda clement  /  the invisibles  /  movement + rest  /  alluvial
http://www.jodaclement.com, http://www.alluvialrecordings.com

anthony milton  /  could be killers talk  /  the end of the short road  /  deserted village
http://www.sphosting.com/pseudoarcana, http://www.desertedvillage.com

birchville cat motel  /  track 1, disc 1  /  beautiful speck triumph  /  last visible dog
http://www.cpsip.co.nz, http://www.lastvisibledog.com

peter wright  /  porous & lakeside  /  pariahs sing om  /  last visible dog
http://www.distantbombs.com, http://www.lastvisibledog.com

joda clement  /  spirit follower  /  movement + rest  /  alluvial
http://www.jodaclement.com, http://www.alluvialrecordings.com

michael delia  /  track 13  /  usuku  /  -
http://mad.lemurie.cz

brendan murray  /  hymn one (reprise)  /  wonders never cease  /  intransitive
http://www.brendanmurray.com, http://www.intransitiverecordings.com

magali babin  /  monsieur et madame watt  /  chemin de fer  /  no type
http://www.electrocd.com/bio.e/babin_ma.html, http://www.notype.com

 framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!