[Microsound-announce] Sound:Space symposium

Richard Whitelaw richard at sonicartsnetwork.org
Fri Jan 5 11:31:57 EST 2007

Sound:Space
20th January 2007 11am-11.30pm
An opportunity to absorb a wealth of the latest developments in audio
research and the field of Sound Art, plus experience a series of fascinating
sonic exhibitions, including Janek Schaefer¹s collaborative project with
Chris Watson and David Tinapple,  ³Vacant Space² in the main Gallery.

Talks and presentations during the day feature Janek Schaefer (audi0h), Ed
Baxter (Resonance FM), Dr. Aaron Watson (Acoustic Research of Megalithic
monuments)

Open Source Audio Software Lab
Hands on demo of free audio tools and toys from around the world.

Screen
16 superb artist projects submitted to our curated screening, includes audio
and video of tower block demolitions in Hackney, underwater recording in
Devon, and wireless sound installations in the Catskill Mountains in the
USA.

Featuring work from: Haroon Mirza, Margaret O'Brien, Jo Millett, Liminal,
David Chapman and David Cottridge, Duncan Whitley, Martin John Callanan,
Thomas Newton, Dawn Scarfe, Cary Peppermint/Wilderness Information Network,
Duncan Speakman, Ella Kaisa Nordstromm, Alison Sharkey, Lu Clarke and Jaye
Ho, Marek Brandt, John Wild.

Stage
Three performances in two rooms.
Janek Schaefer in our beautiful wood paneled old Library, live radio
samplist Neil C. Smith and Dubstep movers, Kode9 & The Spaceape bring the
bass in our final Cellar Bar session.

Ticket: £38 inc evening concerts
Venue: South Hill Park, Ringmead, Bracknell, Berks RG12 7PA
Box Office: 01344 484123
More Info: http://www.sound-space.info

Event supported by Sonic Arts Network