[Microsound-announce] ATMOS

João Ricardo op.cab.pol at netcabo.pt
Wed Jan 3 16:27:27 EST 2007

As promised, here is the long awaited EP on Serein from Portugese
artist, OCP. Those of you with a good memory will remember the
contribution he made to the 'Tracks in the Snow' compilation at the
beginning of the year, we've been eager to release more of his work
and are now pleased to present you with 'Atmos'. This five track EP
represents perfectly what OCP is all about, combining elements of
ambient and glitch through to the modest sounds of dub techno and
stripping it right back to the core, we're left with an understated
and refrained collection of minimal yet utterly involving music.

Perhaps what is most striking about OCP's compositions is their
unashamedly electronic nature, you are never in doubt as to the
source of the sounds, the analogue circuitry practically drips
through the speaker cones, which to my mind is very satisfying indeed.

Download here: http://www.serein.co.uk/music/ser012/