[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 11.04.07

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Wed Apr 11 16:17:29 EDT 2007

framework broadcasts wednesdays on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 1-2pm gmt

next broadcast:    11.04.07
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcast, or to stream the latest edition: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework
framework is supported by soundtransit: http://www.soundtransit.nl

RESONANCEFM WILL SHUT ITS DOORS PERMANENTLY UNLESS WE CAN RAISE £60,000 BY THE END OF AUGUST.  IF YOU VALUE OUR PROGRAMMING, PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  NOW IS THE TIME.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

we featured several pieces that are available online this week, with works on the zeromoon and test tube net labels, and gilles aubry's self-released document of a recent live performance.  we also heard a classic from the recently revitalised sonoris records, providers of this work by artificial memory trace, along with one of our all-time favorites, steve roden's 'the radio.'  also a postrain (that is, after the rain) recording by steve burnett, who also sent us a framework intro to follow in the coming months, and an intro this week by kevin lockwood.

but our feature this week was a live set recorded exclusively for us by rob curgenven and derek holzer, who are touring europe at this moment, and will be playing several gigs in the uk in the coming days.  some info on their uk dates:

apr 12 - klinker club, south london, uk, the ivy house pub, 40 stuart rd, se15
apr 13 - klinker club, north london, uk, the black horse, 37 wedmore st, n19
apr 14 - The blue lagoon, bristol, uk, 20 gloucester rd

there will be more gigs to follow, in paris, amsterdam, den haag, and berlin; for specific info on the project and those concert dates, see their website:

http://www.umatic.nl/info_rand.html

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of our guest-curated series.  send proposals or material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
bp17
27910 perruel
france

framework at talk21.com

11.04.07
(this edition will be available online until 18.04.07)

(artist  /  title  / album  /  label)

kevin lockwood  /  framework intro
http://.marshmallo.ws

artificial memory trace  /  skeletune(s)  /  distori (noah)  /  sonoris
http://www.artificialmemorytrace.com, http://www.sonoris.org

gilles aubry  /  urbanus vulgaris  /  -  /  -
http://www.soundimplant.com/gilaubry

das naturhistorische museum der klänge  /  we came here to have some ice cream  /  diensteingang  /  zeromoon
http://www.zeromoon.com/rinus, http://www.zeromoon.com, http://www.archive.org/details/zero077

my fun  /  home tape  /  idyll  /  test tube
http://www.thelandof.org, http://www.monocromatica.com/netlabel

steve burnett  /  ambient postrain  /  -  /  -
http://www.subscapeannex.com

rob curgenven & derek holzer  /  live set recorded exclusively for framework
http://www.umatic.nl/info_rand.html

das naturhistorische museum der klänge  /  when i first saw you  /  diensteingang  /  zeromoon
http://www.zeromoon.com/rinus, http://www.zeromoon.com, http://www.archive.org/details/zero077

 framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!