[Microsound-announce] (toronto) nuit avant - sat. sept. 23rd w/ jan jelinek, naw, akumu, ether.mann & vj nokami

Neil Wiernik neil at phoniq.net
Wed Sep 6 15:59:01 EDT 2006

september 23rd - vague terrain, the music gallery, and mutek proudly
present nuit avant

jan jelinek - ~scape / klang
naw - noise factory/ vague terrain
akumu with anne bourne (cello) - spider records
ether.mann - vague terrain
vj / nokami - http://www.nokami.com

artist bios at http://www.vagueterrain.net/content/events.html

$15 advance / $20 @ door
tickets available at penguin music, rotate this, soundscapes
9 pm @ the drake underground
1150 queen w. / toronto

Jan Jelinek is one of the most innovative producers working within
Electronic music today. Over the last several years he has produced four
critically acclaimed albums which mine a variety of old soul, jazz, and
krautrock records as sample sources (on ~scape), a large body of
dancefloor work under the alias farben (on klang), and began fruitful
collaborations with a variety of artists (triosk, andrew pekler, andy
vaz, etc.). His set this year at Mutek was one of the highlights of the
festival and the performance was described by Philip Sherburne as "...a
cosmic destroyer, turning drones and Krauty motorism into some kind of
four-dimensional supernova that I'll probably never find words to
describe, so please just take my word for it and go see him as soon as
humanly possible."

Nuit avant is the electronic music showcase for the music gallery's x
avant festival, a celebration of diversity in contemporary avant garde
music. For complete information on the x avant festival please see
http://www.musicgallery.org

You can view the flyer online at
http://www.vagueterrain.net/content/images/nuitavant.jpg

***Please note that the Drake Underground has a limited capacity. We
recommend the purchase of advance tickets to ensure entry as we expect
this show to sell out.