[microsound] [Rumori] lost mp3s?

{ brad brace } bbrace at eskimo.com
Mon Mar 21 09:34:35 EDT 2016

many thanks for all the suggestions!
much appreciated :))

[ I have hundreds of mp3-cds from the early days of freely
shared-distributed music. Downloads would occasionally be
interrupted/truncated and then repeatedly shared (which
makes for an interesting playlist sometimes) and I probably
didn't always choose the correct format -- seems to me that
9660iso was required for them to play in most portable
mp3-cd players. Trying to find a suitable inexpensive player
-- just bought a new Coby model, but it won't play anything:
probably defective. Don't seem to be too many options for
this disappearing media. Frantically copying what I can from
the turn of the century to micro SD/TFs. It's amazing that
you can purchase a small Chinese mp3 for 99c online. Just
saw one that's part of an LED light-bulb! ]

/:b

=============

Global Islands Project:
http://bbrace.net/id.html

"Shikata ga nai -- There's nothing we can do about it."
-- Japanese tsunami survivors, 2011

"The people who were really important are the ones whose names
are forgotten. And that's true of every movement that ever
existed." -- Noam Chomsky, 2012

"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important
that you do it." -- Mahatma Gandhi

{ brad brace }   <<<<< bbrace at eskimo.com >>>>  ~finger for pgp

---    bbs: brad brace sound                               ---
---    http://69.64.225.198:8000                           ---
---    http://bradbrace.net/undisclosed.html 		   ---

.
The 12hr-ISBN-JPEG Project       >>>> posted since 1994 <<<<

+ + +         serial           ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/home/bbrace
+ + +      eccentric          ftp://  (your-site-here!)
+ + +     continuous         hotline://artlyin.ftr.va.com.au
+ + +    hypermodern      ftp://ftp.rdrop.com/pub/users/bbrace
+ + +        imagery        http://12hr.noemata.net

News:  alt.binaries.pictures.12hr   alt.binaries.pictures.misc
               alt.binaries.pictures.fine-art.misc    alt.12hr