[microsound] .microsound on Facebook

Manuel Pinheiro watchcontact at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 20 16:17:06 EST 2014

Hi everyone!

Even though I´m a silent follower of the microsound email list, and have
been for some years now, the end of it would be a shame. I do not and will
not have a facebook account.

Cheers and happy new year

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 8:22 PM, <port.a.life at gmail.com> wrote:

> I see facebook more as a replacement for the announce list, it has its
> place I guess... though its just endless scrolling of post spam already....
> No real discussion happening. Just people pasting links to youtube and
> bandcamp to try to drive traffic.... whatever, its kool.... but to me FB is
> boring...  let's talk about why we need to consume so much content, It
> seems like FB has made everyone lazy that is seeking creative content and
> connection. What a poor substitute it really is for creativity when I think
> about it. I have fallen into the trap, and daily think about killing my
> account, but why haven't I done it yet? I don't quite know the full answer.
>

> On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Joe Lasqo <joe at joelasqo.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear µ-sounders -
>>
>> I decline to participate in microsound on a surveillance-company platform
>> like FB or Google+.
>>
>> A less malign platform like https://www.phpbb.com is perhaps worth
>> considering, but as John DeNosky said, "if it ain't broke"… The current
>> email format is working for me...
>>
>> Joe Lasqo
>>
>> joe at joelasqo.com
>>
>> http://www.joelasqo.com/
>> Show calendar & news: http://www.joelasqo.com/blog/
>> Weekly: Viracocha, 21st & Valencia, San Francisco, 3-6pm, Wednesdays
>>
>> Next Up: MSP/Piano — *Renga-kai* (*連歌会*) w Nancy *Beckman*, Tom *Bickley*,
>> Rachel *Condry*, Patti *Deuter*, Ben *Kreith*, Sangita *Moskow*, Dean
>> *Santomieri*, Jennifer *Wilsey*, and dancer Nan *Busse*, *Sun 09 Feb*, @
>> SIMM Series, San Francisco, 7:30pm + Set 2: *Eli Wallace Group* (w Jon
>> *Arkin* & Karl *Evangelista*) @ 8:30pm

Manuel Pinheiro

Diabo na Cruz | You Can`t Win Charlie Brown | Tv Rural | Batida
Real Combo Lisbonense | Flume | Vitorino Voador | Pedro Puppe