[microsound] Transducers as speakers

Johan Vandermaelen info at aevox.be
Sat Jan 7 06:48:13 EST 2012

Dear Ben,

A lot of information on Rain Forrest can also be found in the book
Hacking Electronics from Nicolas Collins, who was David Tudors assistent.
But I see allready a lot of well documented information in the previous
textes.

I'm making transducers which can be used as a speaker and as
contactmicrophone based on a magnetostrictive priciple.
Has a far more even responce (depending on the material you use it with)
as a piezo, and also a clearly higher output.
But the price is high (300€). Stictly spoken, in the context of that
piece, it could be overkill.

Best regards,
Johan Vandermaelen
www.aevox.be