[microsound] image sonification techniques
totem_tm at yahoo.dk
Sat Jan 7 06:36:29 EST 2012
the 'Photoshop' approach: http://totem.menneske.dk/BIN/BIN%20DATA%2000-13.htm
Not 'data bending', rather the use of Photoshop (or any other image editing software) as an audio editor / generator.
Fra: Kovács Balázs <mmi at art.pte.hu>
Til: microsound at microsound.org
Sendt: 8:02 lørdag den 7. januar 2012
Emne: [microsound] image sonification techniques
Hi microsound list,
i'm currently working on a daily image sonification project
(http://soundsofpictures.blogspot.com), which targets to
present existing and under-development mapping approaches.
I'm looking for sources to build the topology topology
which could provide an overview of this field, but
didn't found, so if somebody has suggestions then welcome!
Anyway the project is of course open to cooperations.
so, currently i'm following this topology, and would like to
expand it with new fields:
1) materialist approaches
- data bending audification
- scanning synthesis, color synth, pixel to frequency mapping
- histogram to spectral processing
2) perceptual approach
- computer vision (great sources by Jean-Marc Pelletier)
- edge, shape detection, background extraction on videos or
- computer vision to spatialization
3) interactive approaches
- data exploration (it has literature, Gil Weinberg-Tr. Thatcher for ex.)
- model based sonification (it has also literature, Th. Hermann etc.)
- recoursive techniques (the sound output feeds back the mapping)
and the endless variations of them.
more ideas welcome, and if somebody feels that has a topic which fits
in the project, please contact me!
and for avoiding the monthly reminder, i'm not posting to the
announce list because i expect response from the community, and those
list isn't the place for it.
PTE Muveszeti Kar, Media- es Alkalmazott Muveszetek Intezete
PTE Faculty of Arts, Institute for Media and Applied Arts
H-7630 Pecs, Zsolnay Vilmos u. 16.
e-mail: mmi at art.pte.hu
microsound mailing list
microsound at microsound.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the microsound