[microsound] snare overtones composition

AP Vague apvague at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 14:28:11 EDT 2012

Wow, thanks. I love Fennesz. I'm working on putting things together to do a
live set that incorporates these ideas. I installed a piezo contact mic on
the inside of the snare head, right under the snare, with a 1/4" output
jack bolted into the vent hole. I'm setting the snare directly in front of
a guitar amp, and routing the snare output through a looper.
It doesn't really focus on microsound--it's more into bassy drones and
harmonic overtones--but I'm in the middle of a new album that uses the
resonant snare setup on a few tracks:
http://soundcloud.com/apvague/sets/one-million-remixes/
Sorry if it's a little spammy to post it here, but if anyone's in Philly on
8/19 I'll be performing at the Highwire Gallery.