[microsound] can anyone help me out with envl.net

Samuel van ransbeeck thinksamuel at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 19:52:41 EST 2011

Hello

I found Christopher Ariza's envl.net algorithmic composition tools on the
intyernet and started experimenting. Unfortunately, I cannot grasp how it works.
For example: I used the 'RhythmRemap: Algorithmic Rhythm Generator'. Now you can
set up pulse triples. From what I understand, the first element sets the number
of events you want, the second element sets the timespan in which you want the
events to happen and the third element simply sets the loudness. No worries when
I use a length of 1 element only, for example using 3 events in 8 seconds with
mf accent. But if I set the rhythm length to 2 and I set the elements on row 2
to 9 elements in two seconds with mf accent, I get the 3 notes in 8 seconds but
the 9 notes in two seconds appear only to be a grace note before the long notes.

I know that this sounds quite confusing but I would appreciate it if someone
could shine a light on this. The adress is here
http://www.flexatone.net/cgi-bin/py/envl/software/q.cgi?stateNext=3