[microsound] radical computer music

Boris Klompus boris.klompus at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 23:09:14 EST 2011

I saw Goodiepal last year in New York. These are a few quotes of his I
jotted down:

"media art has a sell point of it holds a hell of a lot of technology."

[him giving an example of a well received piece of media art] "These birds
here, flying, they aren't birds. They're connected to the stock market
through the *web*. And them fighting here, that's the economic collapse in
Mogadishu."

[on documentation] "the point is to notate what happens between musical
objects when not in the music."

Later in his talk, and I don't think he directly connected it with the
previous quote, but he showed off a book he made "to challenge the
composer": it  was a book of mostly of blank white pages.