[microsound] iPhone apps

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Wed Apr 13 10:56:28 EDT 2011

That's an interesting observation.  Would you rather be happy with "guitar,
mobile"?  I guess, that would be a little ambiguous (Smoke on the Water by
Deep Purple references "making music on a mobile" which probably isn't a
mobile phone).  Or would you rather be happy reading "guitar, iAmp" (or
whatever the application is being used, perhaps more appropriate because it
is probably the application that will somehow influence the sound qualities
and not actual hardware.  Does iPhone sound different from HTC?).  He could
have probably said "guitar, electronics" but that does quite large and
specifying that uses an iPhone is actually a marketing move.  Perhaps it
makes him hype?  But then, perhaps Apple has actually given him an iPhone to
make music with and he has a contractual obligation to mention the
trademarked icon.  Now, how about this:
http://www.ataut.net/site/Adam-Atau-4-Hands-iPhone.  Does that make you seek
a decontamination facility?

I see your points, though.  I think I will use "a handheld device capable of
producing sound".  Sounds much more enigmatic.

./MiS