[microsound] Arduino Chip

Kovacs Balazs mmi at art.pte.hu
Tue Apr 5 01:33:06 EDT 2011

  hi,

> has anyone been using Arduino ?

me.

pros:
- it's good to build an interface around, because the 6 analog I/o is 10
bit (midi is 7 bit)
in resolution
- it can run standalone
-  the 12 digital i/o can drive 12 servos (for building robot-musicians
etc), can produce
12 pwm signals or can handle 12 led, button etc.

contra:
- it converts You from a glich artist to a diy artist ;)

some works:
maxmsp controlled vinyl player
http://kbalazs.periszkopradio.hu/computer-controlled-vinyl-player/?lang=en
sensor controlled ventillators
http://kbalazs.periszkopradio.hu/i-se-you-ars-geometrica-july-2010/?lang=en

cheers,
Balázs
> http://www.arduino.cc/
>
> its a chip (hardware + open source software)  i believe used as a
> controller.
>
> i know alot of people here work with art installations, and i was
> wondering if anyone could share their experience working with the device.
>
> i'm going to buy one,  they are cheap.    so.  please share as i jump
> blindly into this new technical area.
>
> best.

PTE Muveszeti Kar, Media- es Alkalmazott Muveszetek Intezete
PTE Faculty of Arts, Institute for Media and Applied Arts
H-7624 Pecs, Damjanich u. 30.
tel/fax:+36(72)501540
mobil:+36(20)2331867
e-mail: mmi at art.pte.hu