[microsound] OT: laptop for permanent sound installation - suggestions?

mat dalgleish matdalgleish at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 4 09:22:33 EDT 2010

I'm not sure about Max 5, but one of my students once had Max 4.5 running on Linux (Ubuntu if I remember correctly) under WINE:

http://www.winehq.org/

Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 14:07:37 +0100
From: davide.oliveri at gmail.com
To: microsound at microsound.org; mis at artengine.ca
Subject: Re: [microsound] OT: laptop for permanent sound installation -	suggestions?

2010/11/4 Michal Seta <mis at artengine.ca>

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 6:40 AM, Tobias Reber <tobiasreber at sunrise.ch> wrote:

> As far as I can see this is good enough to run a Max patch with relatively

> basic DSP operations (no DSP-heavy stuff such as FFT etc) in MaxMSP Runtime.

If you ditch windows7 and run linux instead you will save a lot of CPU

power and maybe even some energy.

so is it possible to run max/msp runtime on linux ?

Davide