[microsound] mcgill-mailing list

Paulo Mouat paulo.mouat at gmail.com
Thu May 27 19:41:50 EDT 2010

I was an engaged participant on a number of mailing lists when antiorp
joined (mainly emusic-l) and accompanied the phenomenon from beginning to
end. I always found antiorp to be a civil, even if sometimes abrasive when
ruffled, netizen. The cryptic posts never bothered me and were in fact very
interesting in multiple levels. I never understood or agreed with the purity
of communication advocated by some of the netiquette/english language
zealots, but they got what they wanted in the end. When antiorp morphed into
NN some of the "spirit" was lost, primarily because it clearly became a
collective with a more diffuse voice. I still prize the copies of the two
A9FF releases I helped finance.

//p
http://www.interdisciplina.org/00.0