[microsound] [advice] Portable, battery powered speakers for outdoor microsound

erik schoster ejschoster at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 17:04:18 EDT 2010

Thanks for the thoughts!

I'll look into a small power generator - that never actually occurred to me,
but could possibly be feasible.

The spaces will be variable - as small as a bedroom to an open field, so I'm
hoping to find a solution that will allow for some flexibility and then plan
around my limitations.

A friend used a number of small battery powered mono ipod speakers for an
installation piece a year or so ago. I may go that route - he said with a
gang of 15 or so of those placed around the space it was a pretty nice
effect. Another option would be to just collect 10 or so small FM radios and
do everything over low power FM.

I'd love more thoughts - thanks!

Erik

== projects ==