[microsound] Electroacoustic techniques

Randal Davis randal_davis at operamail.com
Tue Feb 23 14:37:56 EST 2010

David,

You might start by looking into Morton Subotnick's "ghost scores."  You can find some program and technical notes on his website, recordings and additional texts at the Avant Garde Project site, and a good article from some years back in The Musical Quarterly (requires JSTOR access).

I'd look particularly closely at the works in The Double Life of Amphibians, which include works for solo cello, solo voice and string quartet (all with electronic "ghost scores."

RD