[microsound] Headphones

Klanggold touch at klanggold.net
Tue Feb 9 08:39:03 EST 2010

i love my AKG K 701. They have a big frequency range 10 - 39000 Hz and are really linear... good for music production. But they´re a bit expensive.
HD 25 are not a comfortable as the akg´s are. they are big and the´re not pressing onto the ears....
they are open (not closed like the hd 25) and you don´t feel them .... very nice... lightweight 235g ....feels like you´re wearing monitoring speakers...
but they´re nothing for outside.... only for work into the studio.

Andreas

Am 09.02.2010 um 13:36 schrieb Sune Petersen:

> I am using HD25, I like them, the sound is neutral but in high end
> terms it lacks a bit of the transparency and clarity that less
> ENG-style headphones can give. They are still among the best sound
> quality wise when compared to similar offerings from other
> manufacturers in my opinion.
>
> My main annoyance with them are that I constantly wear out the soft
> pads and they are pretty expensive to replace, also the connectors to
> each ear cup are at risk of getting bad connections so you need to
> adjust them for them to work.
>
> but then again I treat my equipment relatively rough (my laptops last
> 18month on average, the they stop working)
>
> I really like them and has gotten to know the sound of them and might
> even go some HD25 when I feel I need to upgrade. I will probably then
> try to find some sort of protective casing that will still allow for
> them to be easily transported.
>
> So I would say it definitely depend on how you will use them, if it is
> strictly for studio use and not on the road, I would probably go for
> something like Beyer Dynamics DT770, I prefer closed headphones to
> avoid spilling too much sound to my surroundings
>
> Sune
>

> -
>
> Sune Petersen
> galakse.dk
>

> On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Lorenzo <lsutton at libero.it> wrote:
>> MDR-7506

____________________________________
KLANGGOLD
label for experimental, avantgarde, improvised & electronic audioart

c/o andreas usenbenz
Eichenhang 73
89075 ulm

www.klanggold.net

be a friend:
www.myspace.com/klanggold
www.twitter.com/klanggold

kg007/ Morgan Craft - Morgan Kraft (digital)
(file under: experimental, Avantgarde Jazz, Improvisation)

still hot:

kg006/ Nobile- Mariella (digital + special limited cd version)
(file under: experimental, piano music, ambient, improvisation)

kg005/ Viirus- The Virus Album
(file under: experimental, Jazz, free jazz, soundscapes)

kg004/ Jens Döring & Ulrich Troyer- 20050429
(file under: experimental, noise, improvisation)

kg003/ 3Banditos- Sympathy For The Donkey
(file under: experimental, noise, improvisation)

kg002/ Jair Rohm Parker Wells- AMDG
(file under: experimental, noise, jazz)

kg001/ Nobile- Pelktron
(file under: experimental, ambient, noise, new music)

forthcoming releases:

jens döring & andreas usenbenz - salat (kg008)

jens döring & andreas usenbenz - wurst (kg009)

haruki - snowed in food shelter (kg010)