[microsound] "No Input Mixing Board"

Justin Glenn Smith noisesmith at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 14:25:54 EST 2010

Feedback causes nonlinear behaviours in qauntized signals as well. The main problem ends up being the control rate / buffer size which sets a minimum duration on feedback (unless the whole thing is coded in C as one unit generator / object). Also you will probably want to liberally sprinkle weak low pass filters all over the circuit (all analog components have some low pass property, however subtle). On the implementation side, a first order IIR filter is actually a very short delay line with feedback, so it may be worth experimenting with various configurations of interconnected IIR filters, and some extra feedback paths for good measure.