[microsound] video and surround

Thierry Bernard Gotteland thierrybernardgotteland at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 23:18:10 EST 2010

Well, I produced a video projection & sound 5.1 surround system installation
a couple of years ago for an exhibtion @ Le Fresnoy (French National Studio)
ask anything if I can help you.
I' ve been through Recordings issues to Post-production and Dolby Stereo DVD
format preparation.

http://tb-g.org
http://tbgotteland.tumblr.com/

Best
*TBG*

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 5:04 AM, Hector Centeno <hcengar at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've done ambisonics for video. A short film titled "The Adder's Bite":
> http://www.hcenteno.net/listen.html#adders
>
> The placement of speakers in a movie theatre is not ideal for ambisonics
> (the back surround channels are sent through groups of speakers across the
> back corners). The final result when presented at a movie theatre is not as
> impressive as ambisonics is when played through an ITU 5.1 setup at the
> studio, but I found that the overall spatial effect is still quite better
> than standard surround panning.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Hector
>

>  On 2010-12-06, at 5:04 AM, Massimiliano Viel wrote:
>
>  It is simply surround... I'd like to work with ambisonic though

>  Il giorno 05/dic/2010, alle ore 22.44, Davide Oliveri ha scritto:
>
> Thank you!
>
> ... and is it "simply" surround or you manage ambisonic too ?
>
> I wonder if someone used ambisonic with video...
>
> 2010/12/2 Massimiliano Viel <mail at maxviel.it>
>
>> Check the OPTOFONICA release for Line, it is an anthology devoted to
>> surround sound+ video...
>> I realized the sound for the Otolab's track
>>
>> Massimiliano
>>
>>  Il giorno 02/dic/2010, alle ore 20.32, Davide Oliveri ha scritto:
>>
>> Hi !
>>
>> I wonder if you know any video-artists that use surround sound in their
>> works.
>>
>> I'm writing my final thesis about the importance of sound in audiovisuals
>> and i wouldn't like to miss such interesting thing, but i had no chance to
>> find something on the web...
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Davide

>> M  a  s  s  i  m  i  l  i  a  n  o                   V  i  e  l
>>  MAIN SITE! -------------> http://www.maxviel.it
>>  *BLOG! -------> http://maxviel.wordpress.com/*
>>  http://www.myspace.com/massimilianoviel<http://www.myspace.com/massimilianoviel>
>>
>>                      http://www.ssim-el.net