[microsound] video and surround

Hector Centeno hcengar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 17:04:46 EST 2010

I've done ambisonics for video. A short film titled "The Adder's Bite": http://www.hcenteno.net/listen.html#adders

The placement of speakers in a movie theatre is not ideal for ambisonics (the back surround channels are sent through groups of speakers across the back corners). The final result when presented at a movie theatre is not as impressive as ambisonics is when played through an ITU 5.1 setup at the studio, but I found that the overall spatial effect is still quite better than standard surround panning.

Cheers,

Hector