[microsound] meta-theory

Adam Davis technohead3d at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 26 11:15:16 EDT 2009

Mannanan,

Thank you for starting such a thread. Well, I like to contemplate a fusion
of nihilism with self-similarity; everything is a metaphor for everything
and everything else. Everything is everything and everything else. All is
infinitely self-similar. Thus, everything is neither superior nor inferior
to everything else; everything is neither more beautiful nor more ugly than
everything else. I find such a concept very harmonious, and yet by the
nature of everything, or rather infinity, it self-references, covering the
very opposites to all that I have stated, and how I find such a concept very
disharmonious also. This is my personal indulgence in a new kind of
music...the aforementioned harmony and the loops and cycles of the
self-reference subsequently (like the loops and cycles of rhythms) and the
rhythm of opposites, reactions and the harmony of symmetry created from such
conceptual equal and opposite reactions .

Adam James Davis