[microsound] musical structure

Adern X the.apx at libero.it
Thu Sep 17 16:00:07 EDT 2009

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 12:10:22 -0700, a Bad Day on the Midway, Jared Friend <tjaredfriend at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I don't Linguistic analysis can't be successful but music is not
> > properly a language (many things in music are not notated). I thinks
> > linguistic can work within an historical context.
> >

> Of course it works in a historical context, but it's not the only approach
> you'll take when analyzing structure. Are you also suggesting that every
> element of language is notated?

I suppose that every element of language _should_ be notated (grammar
cannot contain everything e.g., the non verbal language we use is non
notated), but not everything is notated so we have to "interpret".

That's why imho musical practice change with time.

Hi,
A.X
--
 (     mailto: adern at libero.it		           http://www.xevor.net