[microsound] 10 year anniversary celebrations

John Hopkins jhopkins at tech-no-mad.net
Thu Oct 8 07:35:14 EDT 2009

Hei!

I had hoped to organize a stream(ed/ing) happening here in Sydney, but between
getting settled in OZ and teaching and working on my research, I just haven't
had the extra energy to do so.  I may get a small jolt to action closer to the
27th and do something ad hoc, but will have to wait and see.

If there are any streams I'll try to be an attentive audience member!! ;-))

> **otherwise, your message has driven me to action:  On October 27th at
> 12:01:33 ET I will be on Skype, and will
> improvise for 23 minutes and 14 seconds using only skype feedback and
> noise floor as source material. 23:14
> is an approximation of Gelfond's constant (e^pi) so this is more
> microsound than ever! ; )**
>
> I am not joking about this either.  I will figure out some way to
> broadcast this and announce -- ustream being my backup plan.

I'll try to tune in from Sydney!  Keep us posted!

jh