[microsound] Visual editing of audio-rate parameter files?

Charles Turner vze26m98 at optonline.net
Thu Nov 12 19:27:52 EST 2009

On Nov 12, 2009, at 7:02 PM, Phil Thomson wrote:

> You haven't mentioned which (Mac?) audio editors you've tried.
> Offhand, I can think of SoundHack, Audacity and Amadeus (or Amadeus
> Pro) that can import raw data. Have you tried all those?

Yep. I wouldn't say that SoundHack enables visual editing. Amadeus and
Audacity both clip the data values. Tried also DSP Quattro, Sound
Sampler, and Sound Studio. (I'm sure I could write a small article on
how different editors handle clipping.)

I'm skeptical that an audio editor would permit what I want to do.
After all it's supposed to be feeding the data into the audio
subsystem of the computer, which is just going to clip anyway. That's
is why I thought of Matlab or some such...